I went to get my allergy shot today and the TV in the waiting area had a Paula Deen cooking show on. She was making a Cherry Cream Cheese Pie. It looked yummy. So I looked up the recipe and wanted to share it. I plan to make it as soon as I get all the ingredients.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
In either a stand mixer fixed with a paddle attachment or using a hand held electric mixer, cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add the milk mixing on low speed until well combined. Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla and pour into the crust. Place the pie into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight, until well chilled and set.
Top the pie with the pie filling just before serving.