This is a favorite for any holiday dinner so with Easter soon approaching I thought I’d share now. My aunt passed this recipe on to my mom many years ago. It’s simple and easy to make. My son even enjoys it.
- 10 oz. pkg. of frozen broccoli or fresh (steam until tender)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (do not use low sodium or casserole will not thicken when baked)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed cheese-it crackers
- 1/2-3/4 cup more grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine soup, eggs, mayo, and cheese. Mix well. Fold in broccoli. Pour into buttered casserole dish. Bake until set about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese-it crackers and more grated cheddar cheese. Let melt and brown about 10 minutes.