Lemon Chicken Salad
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- fresh mixed greens
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- chopped carrot
- sliced red, yellow, or orange bell peppers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped tarragon or 1 tsp. dried (may substitute thyme or oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- vinaigrette salad dressing to taste or whatever flavor you prefer.
Wash and dry spinach leaves and mixed greens. Arrange in bowls or on plates with carrots and peppers and set aside. Slice chicken breasts into strips and then cut into small pieces. In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil and cook chicken 4-5 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned. Add lemon juice, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until chicken is tender. Toss salad greens with vinaigrette or preferred dressing. Add chicken and toss. Serves up to 4 people.