This is a different twist on a holiday favorite. Prep and cook time takes a little longer so plan ahead.
Green Bean Casserole
- 2 (16-oz.) packages frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (10-oz.) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6-oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-oz.) can French fried onions, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Stir together first 6 ingredients and half of French fried onions; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4 1/2 hours or until bubbly. Heat pecans and remaining half of French fried onions in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and fragrant; sprinkle over casserole just before serving.