I hear the Smoky Mountain Romance Writers are holding a writing contest. Here are the guidelines.
– – – – –
*** Permission to forward granted and appreciated ***
The 2013 SMRW Laurie Contest Is Officially Open for Entries
Sponsor: Smoky Mountain Romance Writers, Knoxville, TN
Web Page: Entry forms, rules, guidelines, etc
Fee $25.00 per entry*
Deadline February 14, 2013
- Open to unpublished authors or authors who have not signed a contract within the past three years.**
- Electronic Only.
- First twenty-five pages of unpublished novel-length romance(40,000 plus),
- No synopsis. You may include a single-page blurb or set-up of your book.
- First round judges include published authors/trained judges.
- Top three finalists in each category will have their entries judged by acquiring editors from the top romance houses. Check http://www.smrw.org/contest for our the list of our smokin’ final round judges.
- Winners will be announced at Romfest 2013 in Gatilinburg, TN, June 19-21, 2013
- For more information, rules and guidelines, visit http://www.smrw.org/contest or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* SMRW members receive one free entry.
**SMRW does not police each entry. Entrants sign a disclaimer and are on the honor system to abide by it.